summer strawberry salad
- 5 oz./ 142 gr. baby spinach and arugula (rocket)
- 3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 16 oz./454 gr. strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- maldon salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 lbs. (125 gr.) french feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup marcona almonds, toasted and chopped
whisk lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl and add freshly ground pepper to taste.
put sliced strawberries in a bowl and toss with balsamic vinegar.
in a separate bowl, dress baby spinach and arugula (rocket), with the extra virgin olive oil and lemon mix and season with maldon salt to taste.
divide dressed greens on serving plates, top each plate with marinated strawberries, feta cheese, almonds and lemon zest.
this is simply a simple grand salad. salads are a daily luvMUST, and spinach and arugula are all time favourite lettuces. simple ingredients. but it’s the strawberries, at a delicious peak now, that make this recipe just grand. at this time of year, i actually crave this salad. i enjoy my salads at the end of the meal and this salad makes a grand finale. a grand finale is simply for thebestdressup now!