tomato and avocado salad
- 1 pint organic cherry, grape, and/or pear tomatoes (any color), halved or quartered
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1/4 cup pitted taggiasca olives, halved
- 1/2 cup baby arugula, washed, dried, and finely sliced
- 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs. sherry vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- maldon sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
in a small bowl, pour lemon juice on diced avocado, set aside.
whisk vinegar and extra virgin olive oil in a bowl until emulsified.
in another small bowl, combine tomatoes with maldon sea salt, then, gently add arugula, diced avocados, taggiasca olives, and lemon zest.
drizzle tomato and avocado mix with olive oil and vinegar emulsion.
season with freshly ground pepper.
divide tomato and avocado mix onto 4 cups.
chill for about 20 -30 minutes before serving.
tomatoes are a seasonal food, abundant during the summer months, and just the best raw or cooked. botanists regard tomatoes as fruits, but the united states supreme court has decreed tomatoes to be a vegetable. tomatoes are a rich source of lycopene, and a finnish study has suggested that high blood levels of lycopene may significantly reduce the risk of stroke. this seasonal produce is a luvMUST for an optimal varied and nutrional diet. this recipe is quick and refreshing, and can be served as an appetizer or a first course. fruit or vegetable, tomatoes are on the plate of thebestdressup now!