an expression of love

There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking dinner for someone she loves. ~ Tom Wolfe

years ago, when i embraced cooking, i realized that everyone was most appreciative of a home cooked meal.  i cooked a birthday dinner that was quite a delicious success, that i then decided to offer birthday dinners to those i held dear.  i so enjoy creating and cooking menus to suit who is being celebrated.  cooking a feast is not the least, but the best, to celebrate a birthday of someone dear.  appealing.  cooking a luvFAB birthday feast is an expression of love for thebestdressup now!

Advertisements

About thebestdressup

ciao! thebestdressup is about being the best now in anything/everything and anywhere/everywhere. can this be possible? i will give it a heart and put my heart into it. thebestdressup.com
This entry was posted in FOOD, luvFAB, PEOPLE and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to an expression of love

1. deejsounds says:

looks like a great meal!!!

2. ledrakenoir says:

Wonderful post – culinary love is not only love of food but definitely a way of courting and flirting – a variant of lovemaking – I have a passion for cooking myself while the goal of flirting sitting on the table next to and chat with me – delicious photos… 😉 😉

• ciao! huge thanks. you do embrace just what it means to cook for those that are dear, and i so like the way you define cooking as a variant of lovemaking; an expression of love.
      thebestdressup

3. 76sanfermo says:

I agree with you: nothing is so pleasant like a home-made meal.
    I used too cook a lot for family and friends and I really enjoyed preparing , inventing , creating recipes….
    Now ,with serious back problems , I have to moderate my cooking and turn to easier cuisine….
    but it’ s great to have people at dinner and celebrate !
    Congrats for your delicious post!

• ciao! so appreciate your personal comment. yes, a home cooked meal is just the best treat. the process, from selecting the ingredients to preparing, and cooking, is such a pleasure. you must so thoroughly enjoy cooking that you persevere…so sorry about your back problems. surely your efforts are favoured and you delight with your dishes.
      thebestdressup

4. Beautiful words, love the photo, and the T.W. quote.

5. S says:

The beauty of the food is obvious. I can attest, the flavours were stunning.
    And that’s a very cute birthday girl in the photo

6. Janet Rörschåch says:

To embrace cooking is another way to embrace a life filled with the joys (and terrors, disappointments, but mostly joy with lots of sharing) of love.

7. ciao! so well said…just the best summation of what cooking is about. when i started cooking, i realized that it was a creative process that expressed love; it embraced me.
    thebestdressup

8. Your passion is evident! I wish I could find it again!

9. gotasté says:

nothing beats cooking great food with love and put it into the body of your love ones……danny

10. That’s the gift i would want for my birthday, a beautiful homemade meal. Great photos too!

11. nothing better than home cooking by an eager and happy individual!!

12. Patti Kuche says:

What a lovely evening, one of many I am sure, for you and your lucky friends and family!