potato salad with artichokes
- 24 ounces yukon gold or fingerling potatoes (organic)
- 1 (6 oz.) jar artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
- 1 jar (6.35 oz.) cream of artichoke
- 1/3 cup baby spinach (organic), finely sliced
- 2 tbs. capers, rinsed
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 20 minutes. drain. cool. peel and cut into 1-inch pieces.
in a bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
add potatoes to bowl, and toss gently to coat with olive oil and lemon mix.
stir in cream of artichoke.
stir in finely sliced spinach, capers, and artichokes.
you may want to keep a few artichokes whole for decoration.
adjust seasonings to taste.
chill until ready to serve.
serve at room temperature.
returning from london, i was craving fish and chips. with this in mind, and what i had in my fridge and pantry, fingerling potatoes and a smoked salmon pack, i made a potato and artichoke salad that did satisfy both hunger and yearning. although a far stretch from the true brit ‘fish and chips’, i did manage to keep earth and sea in balance. an inventive recipe is for thebestdressup now!